10 % DISCOUNT
For 6 hellebores and more per order
PRE-ORDER NOW to get priority and reserve the most extraordinary hellebores. Delivery WITH BLOOMS from Jan. 17th, 2022 on.
METASEQUOIA glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' (dawn redwood)
This dawn redwood is a marvelous plant. The foliage of METASEQUOIA glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' is deep yellow and stands very well full sunlight. In automn the leaves turn copper.
METASEQUOIA glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' (dawn redwood) belongs to the few conifers that loose their leaves in winter. In autumn, the leaves become cupper red. Unlike many other plants with yellow leaves, this tree can take full sunlight because its leaves won't be burned. This is a perfect structure element for your garden that will bring more light into your garden with its shiny leaves. The more you plant it in full sun, the more the leaves will be bright.
In order to learn more about METASEQUOIA glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' (dawn redwood) , its planting and how to take care of it, discover below important technical facts. If there are multiple options shown (for example: nature of soil), this means they are all suitable for the plant.
- Approximate height after 10 years
- 3 - 5 m
- Possible spots for planting
- full sun (from noon until 5 p.m. minimum), half shade (no sun from noon until 5 p.m.)
- Special interest in spring
- foliage, young sprouds, shape
- Special interest in summer
- foliage, shape
- Special interest in autumn
- foliage, shape
- Special interest in winter
- Color of foliage
- Kind of foliage
- Need of humidity
- humid, very wet, mean, dry
- Cold resistance
- hardy under -20°C
- Acceptable kind of soil
- light, normal, heavy
- Acceptable pH
- acid (less than 6.5), neutral (between 6.5 and 7.5), calcareous (more than 7.5)
- Pruning period